Designing and building your dream home is exciting and rewarding! You’ve completed your new home build and it is perfect for your lifestyle and your family needs. Whether it’s your primary residence or small cottage there are periodic maintenance checks that are necessary for prevention to keep small issues from turning into major issues. The spring season is a great opportunity to do some regular maintenance on your new home and ensures a well functioning space that will keep it in tip-top condition.
10 Tip Guide for Maintaining Your New Pacific Home.
- Change or clean vents in heating and air conditioning systems, dryers and fans as often as needed. Dust and lint also can quickly build up in the vent hose of your clothes dryer, causing a potential fire.
- Make sure the refrigerator and freezer door seals tightly. Clean coils on the back of your refrigerator to ensure the longevity. Clean fireplaces after winter use and check for loose or missing mortar.
- Seal drafty doors and windows with new weather stripping as needed.
- Check screens and storm shutters at beginning of season and repair if needed.
- Adjust and lubricate windows, doors and cabinet hardware periodically.
- Trim any tree branches in the pruning season that are hanging over the house that could cause damage during a storm.
- Inspect, clean, and replace your kitchen vent hood filters to help keep the air free from oil smoke.
- Check your attic for leaks and condensation. Be sure vents aren’t obstructed or closed.
- Clean leaves and debris out of gutters and drainpipes to prevent water from backing up.
- Check air filters every 30 days and replace them as needed to help keep energy costs down.
Building a brand-new home doesn’t mean you can neglect your property and expect it to keep working like new forever. As you settle into your new home, you’ll find the newly constructed space will change a bit over time as products in the home acclimate to it’s new surroundings. We hope this 10 Tip Guide for Maintaining Your New Pacific Home is a valuable resource for you and your family as you begin to enjoy your new beautiful energy-efficient home.
We’re here to help, so get in touch!