We are seeking Truss, Engineered Wall Systems and Engineered Wood Products Sales Reps for contractor and residential sales:
Under direct supervision, represents the company providing sales and customer service at the customer’s site; facilitates generating sales by gathering data for technical staff related to customer needs and design specifications and acting as company liaison. The majority of daily activities will be spent away from employer’s place of business making sales calls and obtaining orders or contracts for company offered services and products.
- Represents the company during the sales process by collecting data on customer needs and design specifications, and acting as liaison between inside technical/design staff and customer in developing sales proposals.
- Actively engages in learning sales techniques and developing product and industry knowledge.
- Observes manufacturing processes in order to obtain knowledge of component manufacturing and field repair.
- Actively engages in researching, identifying and soliciting new customers for company products.
- Generates sales opportunities through research on client needs, industry competition and learning the features and benefits of company products.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years previous outside sales experience in engineered/manufactured product sales or a related construction field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Construction related certification or diploma considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques and concepts (cold calling, project selling, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of business math
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
Work Environment / Physical Activity:
- Work is performed on both company and customer sites and involves driving to customer locations.
- Subject to both typical office environment and outside locations with temperature and weather variations, and may involve walking on uneven ground of a potential customer construction site.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds.
Commensurate with experience. Company supplied vehicle and cell phone. Generous commission structure and benefits plan.
How To Apply:By Mail: PO Box 70 Cobble Hill, British Columbia V0R 1L0 By Fax:(250) 743-2282 By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org